Welcome to Avaya Contact Recorder 10.1sp2, Build 3
These release notes contain the following:
· New Features in this release
· Available Documents
· System Requirements
· Fixed Issues
· Known issues and Limitations
Major enhancements are summarized below. See Reference 1 below for a full feature description. Verint staff may refer to Reference 6 for details of recent changes.
· The "Conferenced" recording mode previously provided for Communication Manager systems has been merged with the "Bulk" recording mode of CS1000 systems.
· Configuration has been rationalised and enhanced to provide a superset of features. e.g. the "Designated Recorder" and "Record internal calls only" settings are now available across switch types.
· Quality Monitoring recording on Communication Manager systems now uses single-step conferencing rather than service observe.
· TSAPI integration has been tightened so as to no longer require the Avaya TSAPI client or associated separate process.
· Support for Windows operating system when recording calls on Communication Manager.
· Incoming Avaya Aura Contact Center (AACC) calls can be recorded without having to connect the CTI feed of a Communication Manager or CS1000.
· This release is not certified for use with TDM recording channels or CS2x00 switches at this time.
· Please contact Avaya for latest information.
· On Windows this version supports Windows 2008 R2 64bit SP1 and Windows 2003 R2 32bit SP2
· On Linux this version supports RHEL 5 Update 7 32bit – No support for RHEL 6 or 64bit at this time.
The following documents are available with the Avaya Contact Recorder product:
See Reference 1 for details of the server requirements. Client access is via Internet Explorer Version 7 or later.
· Avaya Communication Manager 5.x or 6.x running the latest loads. Does NOT support CM 3 or earlier.
o C-LANs must be at Firmware revision 15 or later.
o MedPros must be at Firmware revision 75 or later.
o VOIP Module (MM760) must be at Firmware revision 43 or later.
· CS1000 CC 6 or later to take advantage of all new features.
o AACC SIP recording of inbound CDN calls
o Record on Demand
o Secure Call Recording
This issue list starts from 10.1sp2 Build 1. For earlier fixes, see the release notes for that build.
1. Viable status now takes AACC into account.
2. PCS now correctly re-connects after link goes down when replyport property is set.
3. DTLS defect configurable through property file entry dtls.nonstandard.
1. Upgrade now handles screen recordings, duplicate recordings and corrects recordings with invalid direction set.
2. Clarify hint text associated with designated recorder setting for Communication Manager softphones.
Do Not Deploy
1. Unify STARTED message in conferenced mode can have trailing XML suppressed and placed in an UPDATE message instead using unify.xmlonstart=false.
2. Avoid a race condition where two Unify/External controllers tag at the same time causing them to lockup and subsequently block the insertion of that recording into the database and all subsequent ones.
3. If clearing override details but no longer logged on, do NOT assume the active call is to be cleared.
4. Avoid NullPointerExceptions in Filter Settings.
5. Only WARN when External Controller tries to mask and property file not configured for masking.
6. Don't spoof a dialer disconnected event ahead of agent logout.
7. Filter out CCT events that do not relate to voice calls.
8. Improve creation and destruction of softphones in various failure/recovery scenarios, impacts Master/Standby/Slave operation.
9. Now pass INums to Standby to avoid reuse of INums on switchover.
10. Tracking wasted INums to ensure correct recording counts in light of above, impacts Master/Standby and Slaves.
11. Resolve SQL error if you removed all roles from a user. Did not delete them properly. Restart recorder and they’d still be there.
12. Set tsapi.prefercalledparty=true to tag with the called party in preference to the previous number associated with the dynamic when the tsapi answering party provided is null.
13. Having deleted a user you cannot add the same user unless you close current session.
14. Set delay before trying to recover a “lost” connection on AACC to 2000ms – i.e. allows for delay between BYE and DISCONNECTED of over 1.2s as seen recently.
15. Recording “rule” should take “to the grave” setting from the AutoManualSettings.
16. Thin out CTI logging unless cti.tracing=true is set.
17. Stop Standby from acting on recording start/stop unless it’s active.
18. Resolved issue where Slave could not copy files to QM server.
19. Thin out device observe check logging now only show unusual cases.
20. Avoid out of port alarms on CM with multiple servers.
21. Where mask is set as call starts, ensure this flows through to port.
22. MLS should not try to re-register observers while link between MLS and switch is down.
23. Avoid calls having to time out before being advised to QM (2s delay) when receive TSAPI notification that recording port has joined the call.
24. Don’t be fooled by UCID reported as “00000000000000000000” – as seen at start of load test with calls already in progress.
25. Clear down device listener when CRD user shuts down – to avoid subsequent alarms.
26. Avoid empty string in the “appliesto” section of a recording rule.
27. If a rule on a recording range is set to override the rule on recording mode as a while (i.e. chose “Ignore”) then the other details are irrelevant and should not be shown in the Detail column.
28. User roles were not being separated by correct separator character in e.g. Russian
29. Slave cannot write QM file as credentials not passed from master correctly.
30. Protect against NullPointerException if rule on device type not recognised.
Do Not Deploy
1. Exclude old alphanumeric only owners from the party call details.
2. Now handle UDFs that have subsequently been changed.
3. Stopped standby database size growing gradually due to superfluous write. Will vacuum overnight but full vacuum recommended if database size on Standby is significantly greater than that on Master.
Avoid double-beep mask tone being injected from start of call when it isn't required.
1. Reinstate standby.localconfig=true option – which does not take softphone or port pool configuration from the master.
2. Support sending archive filter settings from master to standby.
3. Handle search queries that contain 20 digit ucid filters.
4. Support sending encrypted QM credentials from master to standby.
5. Insert a space before XML in Started and Update messages.
6. In AACC + CS1K systems, calls made by AACC agents that were not via the AMS did not have the agentid tagged.
1. Check rule against all devices as one rule can be shared on more than one bulk target.
2. Handle null activity code when checking rule at the end of the call and activity rule is set.
3. Avoid a Null Pointer Exception if null activity code present.
4. Handle UDF values correctly on upgrade.
5. Changed recording rules to look for external connection ids even on AACC agents that are not ready
6. Recorder port connections advised via CCT (as happens when beep mode is on) are now ignored.
7. Avoid tagging alphanumeric owners as a party on the recording.
8. Dialer integration now handles called party being internal also don’t test irrelevant device types.
9. Delete API now handles delete of screen capture files, tolerant of xml missing and handles new and old recordings in database.
10. Suppress no tap alarm on dialer call with no nailup yet.
11. CS1K - Use device type to determine calling party logical address - then get lineappearance from that.
12. Automate upgrade of NCR recorders changing archive recorder setting.
13. CM media encryption now correctly supports beep tone, meeting recording and telephone replay.
1. Removed designated recorder setting from On Demand and Meeting recording modes.
2. Upgrade Central Replay Servers correctly ensuring irrelevant admin screens are removed.
3. Handle upgrade of recordings with skillsets correctly.
4. Handle upgrade of archived screen recordings correctly.
fixes are all rolled up into Avaya Contact Recorder 10.1sp2, Build 2.
1. Removed obsolete DVD subsection from MIB definition files.
2. Upgrade now corrects erroneous deletion of tarinum record when archived screen recordings found.
3. Upgrade now handles screen and stereo recordings.
4. Add ticketing system to allow sorting of connections when timestamp and connid are the same, should resolve direction tagging.
The above fixes are all rolled up into Avaya Contact
Recorder 10.1sp2, Build 3.
1. Note when INums are wasted to avoid double counting them.
2. (PCS Dialer) Now spoof half call whenever agent logs on and kill it when the agent logs off.
3. Handle rule deletion before range has been created.
4. Allow bulk export for replay only user.
1. Follow the call now correctly records blind transferred calls.
2. Enhancement to pass ASCII Avaya User-to-User information to QM as custom property Contact.UUI. Use property file setting to change the default qm.uui=UUI
3. Enhancement to record no hold conference and fast transfer call scenarios.
1. Overnight postgres purge now also purges calls table.
2. Track calls recorded by other recorder, previously would continue to loop trying to get a port on the call.
3. Set the default time in the audio file header to wallclock time.
4. Implement RTP no packets and packet loss alarming.
The following features are
not fully implemented and/or tested and are planned to be included in
subsequent builds: QC52609 All stations to be recorded
must be given a name in the Communication
Manager as it is currently not possible to determine the device type or other
details of these via TSAPI. See Avaya Meastro case 15747804. QC53213 When adding new CoRs in a Master/Standby
system, the standby will refresh the list of stations any time a new CoR is
added. This is in addition to 1am scheduled refresh. Also, if changing
between CoR and normal address targeting, you should FIRST remove all
targeted addresses, then change the type of targeting and then add the new
addresses. Failure to do so will leave the previous recording targets active
until the next reset. QC80738 CS2K and CS1K if running
CC6 or earlier, the recorder can only determine the location of an agent when
that agent logs in. There is therefore a risk that, if the recorder restarts,
it will not be aware of the locations of all agents until they have logged
off and on again. QC79533 The recorder needs to be
restarted if you add more station bulk targets when your recorder has been
loaded to within (the default headroom of) 5 channels of its total softphone
bank. This will not be a problem long term as station bulk will be removed
post 10.1SP2. ©
2006-10 Verint Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
The following features are not fully implemented and/or tested and are planned to be included in subsequent builds:
All stations to be recorded must be given a name in the Communication Manager as it is currently not possible to determine the device type or other details of these via TSAPI. See Avaya Meastro case 15747804.
When adding new CoRs in a Master/Standby system, the standby will refresh the list of stations any time a new CoR is added. This is in addition to 1am scheduled refresh. Also, if changing between CoR and normal address targeting, you should FIRST remove all targeted addresses, then change the type of targeting and then add the new addresses. Failure to do so will leave the previous recording targets active until the next reset.
CS2K and CS1K if running CC6 or earlier, the recorder can only determine the location of an agent when that agent logs in. There is therefore a risk that, if the recorder restarts, it will not be aware of the locations of all agents until they have logged off and on again.
The recorder needs to be restarted if you add more station bulk targets when your recorder has been loaded to within (the default headroom of) 5 channels of its total softphone bank. This will not be a problem long term as station bulk will be removed post 10.1SP2.
© 2006-10 Verint Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.