G.729 Wave File Format
All digit audio files used in Communication Manager API are in
standard Wave file format,
including these audio files:
However, since the Wave file standard does not accomodate
G.729 encoding, some non-standard field values are used
in the format chunk of the Wave file's RIFF structure
to distinguish those encoded with G.729:
- Files created using VoiceUnitServices.recordMessage()
- Files played to a media stream using VoiceUnitServices.playMessage()
- Files used to dub over a recording using
An external G.729 converter is
required to convert a G.729 Wave file into a standard Wave file format
that can be played.
- The compression code value is 131 (0x0083).
- The block align value is 10 (0x000A).
- The bits per sample value is 1 (0x0001).