DEFINITY Made Easy Tools
Issue 3, December 2001
Install and Wire Telephones
This example is typical of the 2-wire digital stations (603E, 84xx, 94xx, 302C1),
2-wire analog stations (500, 2500, 71xx), analog Central Office (CO) trunks, Direct Inward Dial (DID) trunks, and external alarms. See 2500-Type Analog Telephone Wiring.
- Choose a peripheral to connect (such as a 2-wire digital station).
- Choose the port circuit pack to use and its carrier and slot number (from Port Circuit Pack and Telephone Pin Designations). For example: TN2183 Analog Line, Cabinet 1, Carrier C, Slot 1.
- Choose a port circuit on the port circuit pack, for example port 3.
- Install cross-connect jumpers to connect the pins from the 2-wire digital station to the appropriate pins on the port circuit pack.
- Administer using DEFINITY Enterprise Communications Server Administrator's Guide.
2500-Type Analog Telephone Wiring